If you are an adult, The One You Campaign will help inform, energise and engage you to make changes to improve your health across seven key behaviours. Take the ‘How Are You’ online quiz which will assess your health. You will then be directed to online tools and programmes designed to help you make changes in the areas where you need to take action.
One You is a holistic campaign aimed to help people improve their physical and mental health and wellbeing by taking steps to change their behaviours.
The seven key behaviours are:
- Moving more. Activity is not the same as exercise – One You will encourage walking as much as running
- Being smoke free. Quitting remains the single biggest thing you can do to improve your health
- Drinking less. You don’t need to stop drinking completely but a little less can make a big difference over time
- Eating well to lose weight, get in shape or just to live a healthier life. As well as obesity, poor diet causes a profound number of other harms, including type 2 diabetes and heart disease
- Checking ourselves. Taking a small amount of time periodically to monitor your own health. If you’re aged over 40 you can get a free NHS Health Check, which is a great way to check your health and get personalised advice on keeping yourself healthy and active
- Lowering your stress levels. Many of the One You behaviours profoundly influence mental health and adopting positive behaviours can have deep and immediate benefits
- Sleeping better. Not enough sleep can take its toll on your mind and can even lead to mental health problems such as anxiety, stress and depression.
Visit here to take the quiz.
For more information on the Campaign click here