Innovation is integral to the success of NHS organisations in the current climate. We’re always looking for ways to work more efficiently and innovatively – something that can’t happen without your ideas. What we want to do is try and make your innovative ideas become a reality. Something you do need to bear in mind is our Intellectual Property Policy (click to open document).
Help with Developing an Innovative Idea
We are currently developing our network of Innovation Scouts. If you have an idea you’d like to discuss, you can contact our Director of Commerical and Service Development, Mike Chapman on 01245 546400, or alternatively you can contact his PA, Nikki Nelson, by emailing email@example.com.
Health Enterprise East
Health Enterprise East (HEE) is the NHS Innovation Hub for the East of England. We are committed to improving healthcare through supporting the development of innovative new products and services which meet the needs of the NHS.
HEE provides a broad range of services to NHS Trusts within the East of England, providing expert advice, funding and support to NHS innovators to translate their ideas into practice. Based at Papworth Hospital, 95% of the region’s NHS organisations are members of Health Enterprise East.
HEE can help with:
- Intellectual Property (IP) awareness raising & training for NHS staffThe identification and evaluation of IP
- Professional advice on the protection of IP
- Identification of exploitation options, for example through licensing or new company formation
- To promote the adoption of non-commercial but valuable ideas throughout
the wider NHS where there are cost savings and/or patient benefit
- Access to proof of concept funding & advice on other sources of funding To improve interactions between the NHS & local industry
To find out more visit their website