Setting up a new study
The following may be useful:
- HRA Decision tool – Is my study research?
- Guidance for writing Participant Information Sheets and Informed Consent Forms
- NIHR Research Funding Opportunities
- Research Design Service – support for clinicians seeking NIHR research funding
- ICH GCP standards
- Declaration of Helsinki
- Research Governance Framework for Health and Social Care, 2nd edition, 2005
- Central Booking Service for NHS Research Ethics Committees
- Research Ethics Committees – Proportionate Review guidance
R&D Legacy Awards
The North Essex Partnership R & D Department administers an R&D Legacy awards programme for the distribution of charitable funds. Around £20,000 will be awarded each year for research undertaken by employees of the Trust for the benefit of service users.
Competition 1:Neurofeedback training for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (Dr Handysides, Dr Dannhauser)
Competition 2: Person centred care planning based on life story work in an age inclusive dementia care service (Dr Kennedy)
Competition 3: Sexual relationships in Young Onset Dementia (Annie Pavitt, Lean Lee, Dr Walker)
Competiton 4 has now closed. Results will be announced at the Trust award ceremony in November.
Athens is the password that gets you access to online medical databases (Cinahl, Medline, Embase etc) plus full text journals, books online and more. Available free to all NHS staff. Sign up for a password.