Our core purpose is:
“At NEP we work in partnership to enable people to be at their best in mind and body ”and summarised by our new strapline:
“All together, better”
This encapsulates what NEP is all about as an organisation moving forward:
• Our core reason for being is to enable people to be healthy and maximise their potential – to provide expert treatment and support to enable recovery and promote independence
• The best way to achieve this is to work together, with people who use our services, their families, our staff and with our partners in health and social care .
• We believe strongly in joined-up integrated health and social care.
• As a high performing specialist provider we have much to offer both in terms of excellent specialist services and as a contributor to integrated care pathways for mental and physical health and social care.
Our commitment to our stakeholders is:
Our communities will have total confidence in our services, our staff feel a strong sense of belonging and satisfaction, and our partners be proud to work purposefully with us., Community Heart
Our commitment to individuals and families:
• We will work together, building on strengths, to improve mental health and wellbeing.
Our commitment to our staff:
• We will value everyone individually, promote wellbeing, support involvement and encourage personal development and leadership.
• We will support teams in their delivery of best value, innovation and excellence.
Our commitment to our commissioners and key partners:
• We will listen, work with you, create ideas, demonstrate our effectiveness and flexibility, and earn recognition as provider of choice
• We put patients and their families at the heart of what we do.
• We listen without prejudice so that we understand the whole person.
• We stand for dignity and respect. We care with compassion.
Strive for excellence
• We have a reputation for integrity, quality and ability to deliver.
• We combine excellent management, and financial governance with excellent clinical governance.
• We use our expertise and training to provide general as well as specialist care.
• We are always learning and improving, constantly pushing the boundaries, using the best resources available.
Commercial head, Community heart
• We think like a business so we can perform on a bigger stage, delivering social value and investing in our community.
• Our financial stability ensures we can invest in our future, enabling us to grow and to deliver our services to more people.
• We’re committed to the community, delivering an integrated approach, supporting people at home in their community and out of hospital.
• We make people feel reassured and safe.
Our cause, our passion
• We encourage our people to make a difference.
• We campaign with integrity, aiming to eliminate stigma wherever we find it.
• We are candid, open and honest.
• Our people like working here; they want to go the extra mile
• We love to use our leadership and pioneering approach to provide innovative solutions.
• We are a team; we work best when we work alongside you.
• We build long-term, trusting relationships, helping commissioners deliver the best outcomes for patients
• We make things happen
Keep it simple
• We try to make things easy where we can through our efficient processes and professional people.